Low Speed Stabilisation for Displacement & Semi-Displacement Cruising Yachts
DMS MagnusMaster is an ‘All Electric’ roll damping stabilisation system for low speed cruising displacement and semi-displacement motor yachts up to 30 meters. The system combines state of the art, high-end technology and a universal law of nature, the Magnus effect, discovered and documented by Heinrich Gustav Magnus.
Instead of traditional fins, the system uses rapidly rotating underwater cylinders which, depending on the direction of rotation, generate an upward or downward force. This All Electric stabiliser does not use hydraulics and can be inverter driven.
Technically perfected by DMS Holland and equipped with new features and innovative stability programming, the DMS MagnusMaster is quite simply incomparable with other systems due to its advanced engineering, versatility of installation and simplicity of operation.
The Magnus Effect in Action
DMS MagnusMaster rotary stabilisation utilises the Magnus Effect with rapidly rotating underwater cylinders generating an upward or downward force depending on the direction of rotation. The efficiency and versatility of the system means that for yachts up to 20 tonnes a single rotor may be used. For larger yachts, twin rotor are common and in some applications up to four rotors have been employed for the maximum roll damping capability.
- Effective Stabilisation Typically from 3 to 12 Knots
- Colour Touch Screen
- Compact & Easy to Locate
- No Steering Effect (Transom Mount is Possible)
- Easy Installation & Almost No Maintenance
- High Static Heel (Best in Following Seas)
- Fully CAN Bus for Robust Communication
- NMEA Interface with Raymarine Electronics
- High Damping (Also at Low Speed)
- Easy to Operate (Park / Drive)
- 3 Term Controller (Angle / Velocity / Acceleration)
- High Momentum (For Increased Damping)
- Extensive Diagnostics
- Retractable (Less Vulnerability to Damage)
- Retracts Automatically (In Neutral and Reverse)
- Virtually Silent Operation (All Electric System)
Ideal for New Build or Retrofit Installation
DMS MagnusMaster stabilisation is increasingly becoming the system of choice for many new build production motor yachts as well as for one off specialist projects. Whether a single, twin or even 4 rotor system (depending on the length and weight of the boat), shipyards are finding its versatility of positioning, compact size and ease of installation makes it a far more viable option than many other fin or gyro systems. Owners are not only attracted to MagnusMaster for its superior low speed performance, but also for its quality, reliability and pure simplicity of operation when they want to use it.
Thanks to all the above factors, MagnusMaster is also ideally suited to retrofit applications and, as an all electric system, there is no need to install complicated hydraulic packs. It is so compact and versatile in its positioning that a suitable location can almost always be found without major upheaval to the engine room or interior. In most cases installation from start to finish can be completed in a matter of a few weeks with the minimal of disturbance to existing systems.
- Maximum Power: 1500W (per rotor)
- Average Consumption: 1000W (per rotor)
- Voltage: 230 Volt Single Phase AC + 24 Volt DC
- Rotor Material: Carbon
- Elbow Material: Steel with Advanced Coatings
- Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Integral Manual Emergency Operation
- Single Rotor Installation up to a max of 20 Tonnes
- CAN Bus Operation
- NMEA Interface with Raymarine
Magnusmaster is such a compact and versatile roll damping solution that a suitable location can always be found for an effective installation.
Operation is very simple and straightforward with the colour touchscreen. Simply press 'Stabilise' and this all electric system gets to work.
Advanced design and manufacture with top quality components and control systems ensures reliable operation whenever you need it.